The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Producers Corner- Pat Addiss


Photo 1 by Mark Rupp- Catherine Russell and Pat Addiss

Photo2 By John Webb. : Bob Blume, Frank Evans and Pat Addiss

What is Your favorite Restaurant in NYC?

Ruby Foos at 49th Street and Broadway...located one block away from my show SPRING AWAKENING. I have a rule of thumb, I only eat 1or 2 blocks away from the theater. It is really a dubious choice for me as it is so big....but the food is incredibly delicious and fair priced.. Totally bizarre, my favorite is not on the menu, but every wait person knows it. Goat Cheese salad....even when I am not going to the theater I will stop in for my Goat Cheese "FIX" The food is Asian fusion, so there is something for every palate.It is wise to have a reservation before the theater....but if you don't , ask to sit at the Sushi bar.You can also eat at the regular bar.





How did you become a Broadway Producer?

I had dabbled in off Broadway.I graduated from the CTI 14 week course at the same time I was running a small hands on Premium/promotion company. I realized that I could not be a producer and run a 24/7 company at the same time. I gave the 30 yr old company to my daughter, who still runs it in McLean, Virginia.My first foray was Little Women which I will always be devoted to. Then came Chita Rivera:The Dancer's Life, Bridge and Tunnel, SHOUT the mod musical off Broadway and now SPRING AWAKENING.
I do many staged readings of new plays at the National Arts Club and my last one SPARKS has just won the TRU Voices Play Readings Series to be performed at the Players Theater on June18th at 7PM.

Photos by Mark Rupp and John Webb
Interview by Corine Cohen