The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Broadway By The Year 1938 Photo Coverage.


Christiane Noll and Aaron Lazar

Aaron Lazar- Who blew me away the entire evening. I could have listened to him forever!

(The cast of Broadway By The Year 1938)

(Sarah Uriarte Berry and Christiane Noll)

(Hugh Panaro)

(Sarah Uriarte Berry and Hugh Panaro)

(Hugh Panaro)

(Christiane Noll)


( Martin Vidnovik)

(Barbara Walsh and Martin Vidnovik)

I have been very fortunate to attend most of this series. The Year of 1938 brought some tunes that were positively stunning and this cast was one of the greatest casts to perform these beautiful songs.

Aaron Lazar off mike was one of the most stunning things my ears have heard in my entire life. He sang "I can dream, can't I" from "Right This Way and it was one of the best numbers of the evening.

Hugh Panaro's "My Heart is Unemployed" was another show stopper.(From "Sing Out The News")

The funniest number of the night was performed by Martin Vidnovik, Hugh Panaro and Aaron Lazar called "The Dying Cowboy" It was hysterical.

Of all the Broadway By The Years, this one had the least famous songs and the performances from each and every performer were incredible.

Christiane Noll blew me away singing "Falling In Love With Love" from "The Boys From Syracuse"

I was not alive in 1938 but this concert made me realize what a great year it was for music. I could have listened to this cast for 38 more years.

Photos by Maryann Lopinto.

Reviewed by Corine Cohen