The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My Fair Lady Dress Rehearsal. If This Does Not Move To Broadway It Will Be A TRAGEDY!

I am very thrilled to post this. I saw the best production I have seen in years this afternoon. The most flawless work, EVER! I don't care how you do it but if you have the money to see "My Fair Lady" you should sell your last stock to see this gem.
It is absolutely stunning. It made me cry it was so perfect.
First, we need to talk about the brilliant casting. Kelli O'Hara has finally found her star breaking role. Piazza nor Pajama game did her justice. Her perfect singing, and acting make her a perfect flawless gem in this show. She needs to be on Broadway with this cast!

1.Brian Dennehy was outstanding as her Father and I had no idea he was such a talented singer. His acting and comedic timing were timeless and perfect.

2.Kelsey Grammer, is perfectly cast as Henry Higgins and was hysterical during this rehearsal. He was hamming it up for us and it was a joyful experience.

3. The costumes were gorgeous and the choreography was very elaborate for a 4 day run. It would be such a shame if this was not moved to a Broadway house. It was the most incredible production I was moved. There was not one thing wrong with this production.

My Fair Lady is playing at Avery Fisher Hall. It would be a crime to miss it.