The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Culinary Corner Report. Restaurant Row!

Last evening, I revisited The Hour Glass on Restaurant row. If you love seafood, this is a great and inexpensive place to get fresh seafood. I started with homemade veggie and bean soup which was excellent. For my second course I had soft shell crabs which were served in garlic. These crabs were the best I have had since my trip to Maryland (to visit my brother)
All this for $22.00. The owners treat you like parents. They are very warm and want to make sure you are happy. I will be going back again.
The Hour Glass is on West 46th close to 9th avenue.

Rating: Food 9-10.
Service: 10-10
Atmosphere: 6-10
The only negative was the environment. It is not pretty on the inside and I almost got scared to death by the talking Andrew Dice Clay ad in the bathroom.
Silence in the bathroom is a must.

Go for the food and decent prices.