The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Leading Lady. MTC.

I bought a ticket to Charles Busch's new show at MTC. It is hysterical, campy and a lot of zany fun. What else would you expect from Charles Busch. The cast is wonderful, especially the woman who plays a black slave dressed as a chinese woman to escape slavery.

Everytime the Leading Lady spoke, I imagined Charles in that role. I could hear his voice! It was really funny and a bit strange. She is very good but Charles would be better. After seeing him in "Vampire Lesbians of Sodom" the reunion benefit last year it made me realize what a talented performer he is! This past week, I saw him perform a piece in drag called the "Step Mother" which was also proof of how he is a really incredible drag performer. I can't get enough of him in drag and wished that he was indeed the "Leading Lady" in MTC'S newest production at Stage 11.