The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Monday, March 19, 2007

Madame is BACK!!!!!


Last year, I had the great benefit of interviewing my favorite MADAME! Since the beautiful puppet is returning, I thought I would post the interview. Go see Madame on March 20th, April 3rd, April 17th and May 1st and May 15th! Tell them Corine sent you. I love Madame! Madame with an E. Is she trying to copy Jackie with a Z? Or Liza with a Z?
I give Madame with an E an E for Entertaining Excellence!!!!! She is very funny.
Read our hysterical banter. (Or she will pop you one)


(343 West 46th Street, NYC - 1-212-757-0788 - http://www.donttellmama.com/ ) on Tuesdays March 20th, April 3rd & 17th and May 1st & 15th at 9:00 pm.







Corine Cohen Talks to Madame and Joe Kovacs!
Written by Corine Dana Cohen




Corine Cohen : Madame, you don't realize what a great thrill it is to interview you. I have been a longtime fan of yours. I even watched Solid Gold just because of you. It has been eighteen years. Thank heavens you're back. Tell me, what is your favorite show on Broadway today?

Madame: Why thank you Corine, at my age it's good just to be seen. As for a favorite Broadway musical, it's a toss up between "The Drowsy Chaperone" in which I'd love to play "Man in Chair with Old Broad on Lap" and "Jersey Boys." Cause Honey, I'll take four boys for the price of one any day.

Corine: Can you please tell me about your fantastic new show in Chelsea. You are fabulous darling!

Madame: Well, I don't want to give too much away. If you give it away, they call you cheap and easy. Let me just say there will be something old, something new, something borrowed and something very, very blue ... if you get my drift.

Corine. Have you ever been the center square with Diller? Tell me, is Dame Edna your favorite Diva? Or is it Diller? Inquiring minds want to know.

Madame: The only person I have ever shared a Hollywood Square with was Wayland Flowers. Now, if you want to know if Phyllis Diller was in one of the other squares around me? Honey, that was thirty years ago. I can't remember who was around me in bed last night. Phyllis Diller and I go way, way back. We've swapped just about everything but spit. As for Dame Edna, I don't know her personally, but I love just about anything from... Down Under.

Corine: Let's talk about sex. If you could do anyone who would it be and why?

Madame: Talk about SEX?? I'd rather do it than talk about it. If Heath Ledger's Mountain is available, I'd break my back on it. I've always had a thing for blondes.

Corine: Madame, you are killing me. You are so funny! Who has inspired you?

Madame: Well ... let's see, I've drawn inspiration from many. I sing like Ethel Merman, joke like Dorothy Parker, smoke like Marlene Dietrich and dance like that Hippo in Fantasia.


Corine: Tell me, you were on Hollywood Squares, do you have any dirt on Bruce Vilanch?

Madame: I was on Hollywood Squares years before Bruce moved into a Square. I've known him for years and he's always been a gentleman, a real man's man - sweet, funny and very generous.

Corine: He is one of the funniest writers out there! Any news you can share about your new partner, Joe?

Madame: Well, I spent a few years trying out new partners. I felt like Goldilocks... in my case I guess it would be, Oldilocks. One was too hard. One was too soft. This one is just right. I love a man with talented hands and he ain't bad to look at either.

Corine: You are making me blush! Let's talk about our current President. What do you think of him?

Madame: Honey, the only "Bush" I'm concerned with is my own. Now Teddy Roosevelt, there was a real hunk!

Corine: What are your views on Gay Marriage?

Madame: I don't see what all the fuss is about. Many of my best girlfriends have married gay men. As Doris Day sang, “Que Sera, Sera.”

Corine: Tell me about your favorite thing about New York?

Madame: The nightlife in New York City keeps me going. I love to go out and enjoy myself ... and I've let quite a few people enjoy me as well. New York may be the City that never sleeps, but, confidentially, my New York naps a hell of a lot.

Corine: Thank you, Madame. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Cutting Room on July 17th at 8. Maybe, you can introduce me to the man with the talented hands. You are a star, honey. And I can't wait to see you!

Catch Madame at Don't Tell Mama!