The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Roundabout Starts Season With A Bang!

Last evening, I attended the American Airlines Theatre for PYGMALION. The acting, sets and costumes were outstanding in everyway.

1. Jefferson Mays, was hilarious as Henry Higgins and made the character his own.(I never knew Henry Higgins was a slob who ate sugar cubes, put cookies in his pockets, etc) I had second row seats which let me see every expression and funny thing he did. He had me on the tip of my chair. I believe Mr Mays will get many nominations for this role. At least I hope he does because, he gave an incredible performance.

2.Claire Danes proved that she belongs on the Broadway or Off Broadway stage. She was outstanding as Eliza Doolittle and she gave an impressive performance.

I also adored the campy RITZ at Studio 54. What I love about Roundabout is the varied shows they are producing. One very campy show and one classic play.

I am looking forward to what is coming next. I do recommend both plays and hope you will see them.

For tickets to Roundabout shows and to subscribe:
Call 212-719-1300 for tickets.
http://www.roundabouttheatre.org