The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Baker's Wife- A Joe Stein Treasure! Photos by Maryann Lopinto.

Max Von Essen
Renee' Elise Goldsberry

On Friday, I had the pleasure of attending Joe Stein's The Baker's Wife. I adored almost everything about this concert. I hope they will bring it to Broadway or even Off Broadway as it was a very enjoyable show. Sadly, I had never seen it before so I can't compare it to full productions but this cast was sensational.



Standouts: Max Von Essen and Renee' Elise Goldsberry with voices to die for. The chemistry between them was steam heat! Kevin Cahoon turned his small role as the Priest into a hilarious standout as did Rick Crom(known for URINETOWN)

The York does such a wonderful job with these productions. I should have photo coverage of the show as well as the talkback in the next day or so. So, please check back.

The true standout of the evening was Max Von Essen's niece, who was sitting in front of me. She was so proud of her Uncle and watching her pride about him was the most heartwarming thing I have seen in years. I talked to her in the intermission and she is adorable. She lit up the room when she was watching the show and her Uncle. It was adorable and made me melt!

Max Von Essen's niece will be the next big star on Broadway.(In 10 years) She told me in the intermission that she sings.