The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FORBIDDEN BROADWAY!! 25 YEARS AND STILL FABULOUS!!!







Photos by Carol Rosegg.




Drama Desk Award- Forbidden Broadway won two and a special Tony!

Hi,

Today is a very special day for theater lovers. Today is the 25th year of my favorite show- if you didn't know it by now here goes: Forbidden Broadway.
Today, the little off broadway show will make it's 25th year and today the fabulous Chita Rivera will be reading a proclamation on the Mayor's behalf.

47th street will be called FORBIDDEN BROADWAY WAY! How exciting is that? Not as exciting as the show but still a great honor.


I just wanted to share my feelings about my favorite show. Why is it my favorite?
There are many reasons. When the show first came out my Dad and Mom took me and it became a tradition for me and my Dad to see every edition of Forbidden Broadway. It was his favorite show and it became mine. Watching my Dad howl with laughter was a wonderful thing that bonded us. He was very interested in Opera, theater and sports and Opera and theater was the thing that bonded us. Robert Cohen passed in 2001 and ever since I have been going to every edition of Forbidden Broadway in his honor.

I did miss one edition: 2001 A Spoof Odyssey. I sort of took the year off from theater and was in mourning. I hope to do a review of the newest version this week so staytuned. More reviews are coming soon.

I also hope to get photos of the last 25 years and do a short piece about the last 25 fabulous years. Hope to see you at 6 in front of the 47th Street theater. There is no Broadway like Forbidden Broadway even if it is Off Broadway.
;-)

I raise a glass of the finest Pinot Noir in honor of the greatest show on or off broadway. Forbidden Broadway.

Happy 25th Anniversary and many more!