The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

GEORGE MICHAEL AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!

(Photo from Madison Square Garden's site)
The one and only George Michael.
Gay rock icon.
Sexy, artistic and sensual.

Back in the late 80's George Michael would play at the summer job I had on columbus Avenue.
I worked for a funky shoe store on the Upper Westside and my boss would play YAZ, SQUEEZE, GEORGE MICHAEL, DEVO and he was madly in love with George Michael. (I was madly in love with George's voice and for the first time I saw him in concert.

Sigh. The man is still an incredible performer and even from my nosebleed seats I danced in my seat trying to see the voice from my youth. He sang all my favorites from the "FAITH" record and I was impressed with the amount of music he sang. His concert had incredible beams of light and a few times he danced on a beam of light with old film stars..

If you are a fan of George you need to see his concert. Over 40 and fabulous and making political commentary about our government, his old record company issue and Hilary. George is a true gay icon. (He mentioned he was gay as if you all didn't know that! His voice is better than I remembered.

He is hot, hot hot.

Corine Cohen

For more info go to http://www.georgemichael.com