The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

DANCING QUEENS UNITE- MAMMA MIA HERE I GO AGAIN HOW CAN I RESIST YOU!

Photos by Universal Pictures.























PSST. I have a secret. I saw the MAMMA MIA movie tonight.
When I saw the preview at "SEX AND THE CITY" I turned to my friend and said wow that looks awful. Well, I was wrong...

If you love the music of ABBA and the adorable Broadway show you can't stop from having a great time with the catchy showtunes and the kitschy and campy feel. (I AM A DANCING QUEEN AND I LOVED IT!!!!)

The Good:

Christine Baranski. She shows her acting chops in this film. Yeah, she is typecast as her own fabulous self which was perfection. As perfect as a chilled Cosmo. She looks fit, fabulous and yes she has style but she is not the NANNY. She always cracks me up so the film was worth the price of admission just to see her. (Also catch her in BOEING BOEING, the woman is a pro.)

The Bad:
Pierce Brosnan is hot, a great actor but he is not a singer. He did do a great job regardless but a few times when he sang I wanted to crawl under a table.

The sets were beautiful and I think the movie will make people want to go back and see the show. I did like the film more than the show. The acting is great. I mean the show is not deep, but it is a very entertaining show and the movie was even more entertaining to me. The one thing the movie does not have on the show. YOU CAN'T GET UP AND DANCE IN THE AISLE.

I LOVE ABBA and I think the film is adorable and a good, light, happy and entertaining film. If you love the music of ABBA you are in for a treat. I really had a great time.

3.5 stars out of five.

MAMMA MIA- HERE I GO AGAIN (It has been five years since I saw it on Broadway) I missed it. It will make you cheer. PS. I only saw the show once when it first opened and this film made me want to make a second trip to the Broadway show. I loved it, I just wish they had someone else sing for Pierce.

Corine Dana Cohen
Dancing Queen