The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

XANADU- EVIL WOMEN!











Mary Testa and Jackie Hoffman- They make Xanadu a huge success and Jackie was over looked which is a shame. She deserved a Tony, OCC and Drama Desk nomination.










When the producers of Xanadu reinvited the press to see Xanadu a second time, I was thrilled.






Xanadu is the one of the funniest shows on Broadway this season. Why Jackie Hoffman was over looked, kills me. She and Mary Testa make the show the most exciting and funny shows of the musical season.












Jackie Hoffman and Mary Testa blew me away as the "EVIL WOMEN". I also loved Testa as MEDUSA. They deserve a standing ovation and I want to thank them for making me laugh so hard last night.












Kerry Butler was hysterical as Kira and I was really impressed with her hysterical impersonations of Oliva Newton John. She has topped her performance as Penny in Hairspray.






She deserves her Tony nomination and a standing ovation for her incredible performance.


















If you are looking for campy, light fun, with the most talented comedians on Broadway you need to see XANADU. It is one of my favorite new Broadway musicals.












Call 212-239-6200.