The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

INTERVIEW WITH MARK NADLER! WHO WILL BE AT TOWN HALL ON JUNE 9TH!


KT SULLIVAN AND MARK NADLER WILL BE AT TOWN HALL ON JUNE 9TH.




Corine Cohen: You are such a gifted and hysterical performer. Have you ever wanted to do standup comedy? You are so funny!








Mark Nadler:I think that standup is the most difficult and brutal form of show-business. I've never had the least desire to put myself through that! Nonetheless, I LOVE making people laugh and I'm really, truly grateful that I have found a way to incorporate comedy into what I do. Thanks for thinking I'm funny!








Corine Cohen: You are hysterical. Thanks for making me laugh! Can you tell me what you and KT have in store for us at Town Hall?








Mark Nadler: "A Swell Party - RSVP Cole Porter" is the same show that KT and I did at the Algonquin of the songs of Cole Porter. The show is almost entirely musical -- very little "patter". I did arrangements that use a saxophone and bass, as well as our two voices and the piano. We cover A LOT of ground, with regard to getting in Porter's hits and many of his lesser and/or unknown songs.








Corine Cohen: Sounds, fun! Will you wear the famous tux and spats?








Mark Nadler: How can I do Porter in anything but white tie and tails? And, OF COURSE, with white tie, spats are a must!








Corine Cohen. If you could had 3 wishes what would you wish for?








Mark Nadler:

WISH 1: an infinite number of wishes, in case I make one that I want to take back!WISH 2: that every person and creature on earth could be as adored, cherished and pampered as my dog.WISH 3: that people would dress nicely when they go the theater and leave their blue-jeans, shorts, tee shirts, tank-tops and most of all, their Blackberry's at home!


Corine: I will leave mine at home! If you could star in any show on or off Broadway what would you choose?


Mark Nadler:I am about to star in a show on Broadway, called "Russian On The Side". I wrote it and I am the solo performer and we open this fall in a yet-to-be-announced Broadway House. I choose that!








Corine Cohen: Congratulations, I can't wait to see it! If Cole Porter was alive today, what would you ask him?








Mark Nadler: It depends on which part of his life he was in when I was being granted this interview. I guess the main thing I'd want to know is what his work process was. I wouldn't want to ask as much as observe. I want to know how it is possible for anyone to create the extraordinary body of work that this man left us.

Corine Cohen: Thanks for taking time to do this interview Mark. You can see Mark Nadler at Town Hall on June 9th with KT Sullivan. I am also looking forward to his upcoming Broadway show in the Fall!




(Mon) June 9, 2008 at 8 pm
Event:
CELEBRATE COLE PORTER'S BIRTHDAY
WHEN TOWN HALL PRESENTS
KT SULLIVAN & MARK NADLER
A SWELL PARTY: RSVP COLE PORTER
with Loren Schoenberg
Description:
“… more showstoppers than any other cabaret show” – The New York Times


The Town Hall invites one and all to A Swell Party—RSVP Cole Porter, starring KT Sullivan and Mark Nadler a cabaret show celebrating the timeless words and music of the supreme musical sophisticate of the 20th century whose witty, wicked and romantic songs continue to enthrall audiences today as they did in the Jazz Age. Among selections are It’s De-lovely, I’ve Got You Under My Skin, Let’s Do It, Brush Up Your Shakespeare, Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye, Night and Day, Begin the Beguine, Experiment and Let’s Fall in Love.

“Sullivan and Nadler don't treat the material like museum music;
their performances of the various songs are vibrant and full of fun.” – The Siegel Column, Theatremania.com
Ticket Price:
$45 & 40
Where to get Tickets:
online at Ticketmaster or by calling 212.307.4100
Producer:
The Town Hall