The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Interview With Chester Gregory In Search Of High Love!




http://cdbaby.com/cd/chestergregory


Corine: Hi, Chester. Can you tell me about the new record? When is it being released and where can my readers buy it?




Chester: My album is titled "In Search of High Love" It will be available exclusively at my release party July 7th at Crash Mansion at 9PM.Then it will be available the following day at CD Baby, then iTunes a few weeks later.






Corine: What kind of music is on this record?




Chester: This is R&B/Soul music. I am literally sharing a piece of my soul share my journey thru the ups and downs of love, resulting in self realization.
It has a full range of emotion and you can play this album when you are in ANY mood and go for a ride.






Corine: Tell me about Cry Baby. You always seem to get the best friend role? Is it because you are so nice?I would love to see you cast as the "Leading man" as you are more of a Lead in my eyes.




Chester: Which is exactly why I am doing the album. Broadway is not my destination, it is part of my journey. I have a lot more things to share about my personal life, trials, tribulations and triumphs. I have been blessed to work on Broadway for 5 years consecutively, but with this project I get to show them much more than the "best friend".




Corine: Tell me about Donkey. I am so excited you will be in Shrek. What a talented cast! (Many of the people I admire and have interviewed are in SHREK: Jennifer Simard, Ryan Duncan and you!! And I love David Lindsay Abaire and Jeanine Tesori, How exciting!




Chester: We start rehearsal in two weeks. I am extremely excited to work with everyone involved.


Corine: What would you want to do next? Hopefully Shrek will run for years but if you could be in anything what would it be and why?




Chester: Shrek will allow me to sell my CD in the lobby. So I will continue to spread a message of love through my music, simultaneously as I perform on Broadway.


Corine: That is wonderful! Who do you admire most in this business?




Chester: Andre DeShields is my mentor. He gives me the best advice. He said "You are tremendously talented, but you don't know the first thing about theatre! Less is more. An audience is like a pack of hungry wolves, the more you give them, the more they want, so if you give them everything at once, they eat you alive. Feed them in portions, that way you remain in control and you will have them eating out of the palm of your hand." These words stuck with me and I applied them. The next day I went I had the best show of my life. I continued to apply those words and shortly afterwards the NY Times described me as an "overflowing charismatic performance that has the audience eating out of his hand."




Corine: That is very interesting! Andre gave you great advice! Tell me about your concert downtown.




Chester:This album has been 3 years in the making, so we are gonna PARTY!!!!!
Great music, guest appearances and I'm prepared to sing like never before!






For more information about Chester you can check out his site on MYSPACE:
Myspace.com/ChesterGregory
ChesterGregory.com



You can catch Chester in CRY BABY for the next week, so go soon. You can catch Chester in the upcoming Broadway musical SHREK in November.