The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, April 6, 2008

SOME ENCHANTED SEASON!

Paulo Szot and Kelli O'Hara-
(Lincoln Center Production shot)







I just came home from SOUTH PACIFIC, playing at Lincoln Center. All I can say is I am in love. I'm in love, I'm in love with a wonderful cast and play! The revival category is tough this year.


I am so glad they finally brought back SOUTH PACIFIC.





Even though I have never seen the production (except the film) before, it made me really appreciate the genius of Rogers and Hammerstein and the brilliant direction by Bartlett Sher.


This production was practically perfect in every sense of the word.





The music is enchanting! The casting is perfection and when Kelli O'Hara sings "I'm In Love With A Wonderful Guy" I had to fight back tears as it moved me in ways it is hard to put into words. Her passionate performance and glorious voice are perfect in every sense of the word.


She deserves a Tony award for her thrilling and brilliant performance.





Danny Burstein was funny in the show and never ceases to amaze me with his comedic timing.





Matt Morrison didn't disappoint, and gives a sensational performance in this deeply romantic role. It is funny that they always have Matt without a shirt and that never ceases to disappoint a crowd. Matt's gorgeous voice was stronger than ever and he was stunning to listen to and watch.





The biggest standout of this production was Paulo Szot, his sensual, soothing and sexy voice was beyond perfection and I could listen to him sing all night. His stage presence and voice are glorious and his chemistry with O'Hara magical.





Bartlett Sher has directed a winner and deserves a few nominations for his fantastic direction with this production.





If you love Broadway theater this production should not be missed. . I hope that Lincoln Center makes it an open ended run and it lives on Broadway forever in another theater for an open ended run. This show is perfection and I hope to see it many times over the next several years.






This production is a Corine's Pick and is not to be missed.





To get tickets: 212-239-6200

Photo from Lincoln Center site.
http://www.lct.org/