The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Monday, April 7, 2008

REVIVAL CATEGORIES- WHO WILL WIN?


The best category this season is the revival category. I have adored: GYPSY. SOUTH PACIFIC and SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE. All three productions have been stunning. Of the three I was taken with GYPSY and SOUTH PACIFIC. Patti LuPone and Kelli O'Hara both deserve TONYS and Drama Desk Awards for stellar performances. I loved both of their performances so much I want them to tie. Is that possible?

LuPone gives the performance of a lifetime as does O'Hara. I want them both to win! Also, the scores of both GYPSY and SOUTH PACIFIC are glorious. Can't both scores tie also?

It is really wonderful when both shows move you to tears and make you realize that big, old fashioned musicals are still here.



I could listen to O'Hara and LuPone forever!



Thanks should be given to the Producers of GYPSY and SOUTH PACIFIC for bringing these breathtaking works back to the great white way.



There is no Broadway like old Broadway.



Corine Cohen