The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, April 27, 2008

INTERVIEW WITH PAMELA LUSS!




Corine Cohen: When did you realize you wanted to be a singer?


Pamela Luss: I always loved to sing and have been singing since I was very young. When I was a toddler my mom heard me singing along with the busy signal and the blow dryer. My mom knew there must be something musical happening with my ear. I come from a musical family as well. I have been singing since I was in elementary school.

Corine Cohen: Who inspired you to pursue a singing career?

Pamela Luss: My dad exposed me to music at a young age. He is a talented, amateur piano player, who is involved in my career. He is very musical and has a terrific ear. I personally had to reach a certain point in my life in terms of maturity to feel comfortable with the lack of stability in the music business.

Corine Cohen: Do you aspire to be an actress?

Pamela Luss: Singing is my first love, that’s my primary focus. Of course, if someone offered me a part on Grey’s Anatomy, I would take it!


Corine Cohen: If you had 3 wishes what would they be and why?

Pamela Luss:
1- I loved performing on live television on The Jerry Lewis Telethon. It was a total thrill. I would love to have the opportunity to perform on television more frequently.
2- To win a Grammy!
3- To live a happy and healthy life with family and friends.


Corine Cohen: Do you have a favorite cabaret performer?


Pamela Luss: There are too many to mention. There are so many talented performers out there that I respect enormously. If I had to pick one favorite, it would be Michael Feinstein.

Corine Cohen: Tell me about the show at Birdland.


Pamela Luss: It is on Monday, May 12th at 7pm. I will be performing selections from my upcoming 3rd album on Savant/Highnote Records, “Magnet”. I will be singing a diverse group of songs ranging from Show Tunes to the Blues, all with different types of modern arrangements that will make them unique interpretations. The musicians are all top notch. My accompanist is the fabulous Tedd Firth. I will also have a wonderful saxophone player, Joel Frahm and a great rhythm section.






Corine Cohen: If you did not become a singer what would you pursue and why?

Pamela Luss: Right now, singing is my life and I can’t imagine doing anything else. If anything ever changes, I will let you know!

Thanks for taking the time to do an interview, Pamela! Catch Pamela Luss at Birdland on May 12th. Go to http://www.pamelaluss.com for more information.

Upcoming Performances

Monday, May 12th, 2008 7:00 PM

Pamela at Birdland
Birdland
315 W 44th between 8th/9th Aves
New York, NY
call for reserv: 212-581-3030 or
http://www.ovationtix.com/trs/cal/511/1209682800000
Price: $25
**Reserve by calling Birdland at 212-581-3030**