The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

RESTAURANT WEEK STARTS TONIGHT!


As always, I will be covering Restaurant Week. Tonight was my first meal and it was fabulous.


I had the $35 dollar price fix dinner at BR GUEST'S ATLANTIC GRILL!
MENU:

ATLANTIC GRILL’S
WINTER RESTAURANT WEEK 2009

• APPETIZERS •
NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
Spicy Crackers

BOSC PEAR & PECORINO SALAD
Toasted Pistachios, Red Wine Vinaigrette

CRISPY OYSTER MAKI ROLL
Avocado, Scallion, Stone Crab Dressing

• ENTREES •

ROASTED ATLANTIC MERLUZA
Porcini Mushroom Pearl Couscous, Marsala Wine Reduction

SURF & TURF
Jumbo Shrimp and Braised Short Ribs,
Horseradish Potato Puree, Green Apple Vinaigrette

GRILLED SEA SCALLOPS
Broccoli Rabe, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Winter Citrus Salsa

• DESSERTS •

WINTER FRUITS AND SORBET
Grapefruit Granita, Lemon Sorbet
MOCHA TORTE

Devil's Food, Malt Crunch Ice Cream, Coffee Sauce
CRANBERRY CRUMB TART
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Orange Custard
My waitress, Kate was very helpful and advised I start with the Pear and Pecorino salad. It was very tasty but not anything special. My entree however was divine. I had something new.
I had the Surf and Turf and it was anything but ordinary. The three giant shrimps were grilled and seasoned with garlic. They were firm but melted in my mouth. The braised short ribs were soft and sensational with a lot of flavor. The horseradish mashed potato puree was so good I practically licked the plate. I would recommend the entree as a must try. It was one of the best meals of this year.
The salad was good just nothing exceptional. The dessert I tried was also excellent. I tried the Devil's Food cake with malt balls ice cream. It was sweet and tangy and unlike any dessert I have ever tried.
The entree was five out of five stars.
The dessert was four out of five stars and the salad was three out of 5 stars.
For more information on THE ATLANTIC GRILL:
To Make a reservation:
212.988.9200
1341 Third Aveat 77th St.New York