The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

CHANGES TO THE SITE.




With all of the changes in the economy, Corine's Corner is going to focus on other things.


Starting in 2009, I will cover films, more cabaret, concerts, more food coverage than ever before. In addition, I will discuss other topics.




Theatre is still my main focus but with the current theater environment it won't be my only focus.




I was very sad about the closing of HAIRSPRAY, BOEING BOEING, in addition to the other upcoming closings: GYPSY, SPRING AWAKENING, GREASE and Forbidden Broadway.




I will continue to write about theatre but I will expand in other areas as well. Film and food coverage will be something I focus more on. Stay tuned for more restaurant interviews with Chefs at NYC hot spots and film reviews.




PS I got a few letters of complaints about why I did not cover the final performance of HAIRSPRAY. I wanted to cover it but I was not invited to the last performance and I tried to buy a ticket but the show was sold out. I did go about five weeks ago and it was wonderful.


I will miss the show and am sad that it closed. It did have a great 6.5 year run and it will be missed.




Corine Cohen