The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

PAGE SIX!

ON THE COVER: Taylor Momsen
January 18, 2009

In this week’s Page Six Magazine – Gossip Girl star Taylor Momsen has earned a reputation as a sophisticated It girl-about-town, rubbing elbows with power players and finding her way into the gossip columns (Did she make out with her co-star? Was she hospitalized for “exhaustion”?). But there’s just one thing: She’s only 15. Page Six Magazine catches up with NYC’s biggest little lady.

On gossip column rumors that she was tipsy and making out with her 23-year-old co-star Chace Crawford at the Gossip Girl holiday bash:
“It’s like, yeah, I’m really going to go to a party with my cast and crew and all the executives at the network and dance on tables. That’s a great idea. [Tabloids] all want to make me out as this party girl, and I’m not. I’m underage! All I do is sit at home and play guitar. That’s seriously what I do.”

On being thrust into the spotlight and tabloids at just 15 years old:
“I have always been aware of the celebritiness, or whatever you want to call it, of this industry. But living it is a whole different thing than talking about it. It’s still strange when I hang out with my friends at a Christmas party and people make up lies about me.”

On her devotion to making music:“I’m a control freak, and am retarded about having everything the way I want it in terms of production. My music is like my child. I sit in my room and write for four days straight and won’t let anyone hear it until I know I can put it out perfectly. Then I’ll let people judge it. I’m not going to feel comfortable [with people] criticizing it unless I satisfy myself first.”

On her passion for fashion:
“I love Alexander Wang! Oh, and I love Balmain and this new indie designer named Gary Graham. I discovered him; he’s so edgy and different. I like the high-end people—YSL, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana. I try not to leave the house without thinking of how I am going to present myself. It’s the way I am. But I’m not a little kid playing dress up. It’s all very real.”

For more on Taylor Momsen, check out this week’s issue of Page Six Magazine, free inside the Sunday edition of the New York Post and online on Monday at www.pagesixmag.com