The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PASSION MANGO CHICKEN!

Well, do I have a recipe for you. Tonight it is 17 degrees outside and instead of calling for chinese takeout I decided to make my own homemade chinese.

What you need:

Your favorite veggies. I usually use fresh veggies but tonight I used a frozen mixture from Trader Joe's. My mix was asian veggies, waterchestnuts, baby corn, snow peas, carrots, stingbeans and ginger.

I used one chicken breast from Trader Joe's. It was four slender chicken breast quarters.
I steamed the chicken in my non stick Cooks Wok for 11 minutes. Then I removed the water and added the frozen veggies. In addition I added a half a cup of Mango juice and a quarter of a cup of Passion Fruit juice. Simmer for 6 minutes. Remove the mixture and add 1 teaspoon of domino's brown sugar. Then add one tablespoon of your favorite barbecue sauce and cut ginger.
Cook for 11 minutes.

To make sure the chicken cooked all the way through put the entire mixture into a microwaveable bowl and cook for four minutes.

It was scrumptious and very healthy. I did not use any fat, oil or butter.