The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THE TONYS WERE FABULOUS!


Good morning! I just wanted to post some of my thoughts about the Tonys. I was at the Tonys this year and it was so much fun to see the show live.


What I loved:


Whoopi Goldberg was the best host in a very longtime! The show was funny, entertaining and clever. I was more interested in what Goldberg would do next. Seeing her as Sebastian, and posing as other characters from the shows was wildly funny and very amusing. I hope they make Whoopi the host for the next 10 years. She's fabulous, funny and a joy to watch.


My favorite moments:


I loved the entrance of the Lion King. Seeing the elephants walking down the orchestra was really thrilling and the birds etc. It made me feel like a child again. It made me want to attend the LION KING for a second time. (Good idea by Disney!) The Little Mermaid number was not as strong but Sierra is wonderful!


I loved Lin-Manuel Miranda's passionate speech. It made me cry a little. The man has such passion and I was happy that he won many awards. He deserved them all.


Mark Rylance wacky speech. Most people didn't like it but I thought it was so bizarre it cracked me up. He is very funny and I look forward to seeing the interview we did at The Drama Desk Awards!


I adore the Tonys and must admit, see it live is more exciting than watching it on the tube.


Go to a Broadway show, Theater is love!


Whoopi!!!

Corine Dana Cohen
Also, I need to thank Christina for posting the winners on my site as they happened as I was at the Awards. Thank you, Christina!