The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Broadway By The Year 1979! A Very Good Year For Theater!




Emily Skinner





Max Von Essen and his family.




Jason Graae and Jeff McCarthy they are fabulous!


BROADWAY BY THE YEAR
THE BROADWAY MUSICALS OF 1979
Director: Emily Skinner
Musical Director: Ross Patterson
Created, Written, Hosted: Scott Siegel

RUNNING ORDER:

Ballad of Sweeney Todd [Sweeney Todd] – Group (It was so thrilling)
They’re Playing My Song [They’re Playing Our Song] – Jason
Buenos Aires [Evita] – Terri (I could listen to her all night)
Sarava [Sarava] – Melinda [DANCE]
Fallin’ [They’re Playing Our Song] – Scott Coulter







It’s Going to be Good to be Gone [I Remember Mama] –
Jeff w/Melinda, Terri, Lorin, Sarah
Immigration Rose [Sugar Babies] – Jason w/John, Chuck, Scott
A Little Bit More [I Remember Mama] – Sarah
I’m a Woman [Carmelina] – Emily
You I Like [The Grand Tour] – Jeff & Jason
Daddy [1940s Radio Hour] – Noah & Melinda [DANCE]
Johanna [Sweeney Todd] – Max [UNPLUGGED]
Epiphany [Sweeney Todd] – Jeff [UNPLUGGED

Intermission
I’m Keepin’ Myself Available For You/Exactly Like You
[Sugar Babies] – Noah & Melinda [DANCE]
Rainbow High [Evita] – Terri w/Chuck, Jason, , Scott
High Flying Adored [Evita] – Max
Green Finch & Linnet Bird [Sweeney Todd] – Sarah
Mrs. S.L. Jacobowsky [The Grand Tour] – Jason
More and More, Less and Less [The Grand Tour] – Emily & Jeff w/Jason
On This Night of a Thousand Stars [Evita] – Scott, Noah & Lorin [DANCE]
I Could Kill Her [Carmelina] – Chuck [UNPLGGED]]
Not While I’m Around [Sweeney Todd] – Scott
Oh, What a Circus [Evita] – Max
Don’t Cry for Me Argentina [Evita] – Terri
I Belong Here [The Grand Tour] – Emily w/Company [UNPLUGGED]

Broadway By The Year 1979:














It was a fabulous year for Theater even if the economy was one of the worst since the depression. 1979 was one of my favorite years of Broadway.







Evita was my favorite show in 1979 but I also adore They're Playing Our Song with Robert Klein and Lucy Arnaz.














Photos by Maryann Lopinto.









Melinda Sullivan and Noah Racey

Noah did all of the dance numbers and it was the best part of the show.

I could watch them dance all night! Noah is a Broadway By The Year favorite.





Sarah Uriate Berry








Jason Graae is a favorite of mine. He is so perky!!!




























The one and only Scott Coulter!
























Scott Coulter who saved the day when John Treacy Egan had to pull out at the last minute.






























































Jeff McCarthy and his hot women harem!









Jeff McCarthy, Sarah Uriarte Berry, Max Von Essen and Scott Coulter.








Jeff McCarthy, Sarah Uriarte Berry, Max Von Essen and Scott Coulter.


Terri Klausner who sang songs from one of my favorite shows of 1979 EVITA!

I saw Patti LuPone. It was one of the shows that made me a theater geek for life.

The first show that did that for me was PIPPIN and before that it was the Paper Bag Players.










Max Von Essen


Photos by Maryann Lopinto.