The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

THE NIGHTLIFE AWARDS AT TOWN HALL.

Rex Reed and Natalie Douglas
Natalie Douglas has fabulous vocal chops.
Photo at the after party at Dopo Teatro.

The one and only PEDI!

Marilyn Maye- Cabaret legend!


Christine Pedi



Hilary Kole!




One of my favorite performers Lari White!





Modern Man!














Sandy Duncan-








The dashing- John Pizzarelli!









Comedy duo Julie Halston and Charles Busch.










Julie Halston and Charles Busch








Photos by Maryann Lopinto








Last evening, I attended The Nightlife Awards at Town Hall. It was a glorious evening of performances without annoying acceptance speeches. Sadly, Bruce Vilanch could not host but sent a very funny note that had me gasping for air. He had knee surgery and was not allowed to fly and Charles Busch and Julie Halston graciously stood in and hosted with a few hours notice!

Charles and Julie were fabulous. But, what else would you expect from the funny pair!
















Standout performances:



















1. Modern Man- A hysterical comedy band sang a few songs that made me giggle loudly.


They did a Beach Boy parody, that was really side splitting funny.






















2. Christine Pedi- Did her fabulous Diva Song and had us all laughing doing( Joan Rivers, Rosie O'Donnell, Julie Andrews, Ethel Merman and many more.) I was sad she left out my favorite impersonation of Rosie Perez. Her Rosie Perez is spot on, but her others are always fabulous. I could listen to her do impersonations all night. She is a brilliant performer. I don't know how she has this gift. It never ceases to amaze me.




















3. Marilyn Maye, wowed the house with her award winning performance singing two songs.






My favorite was from MAME. She is such a brilliant performer. Her performance was my favorite of the evening. Maye is a theater and cabaret legend.





















4. John Pizzarelli and wife Jessica Molaskey- Have the most breathtaking style and talent. I am going to have to buy some of their music as it blew me away. What a gorgeous, well dressed, and talented couple!



















The evening was very entertaining and Charles Busch and Julie Halston made it an evening that I will never forget.


Review and captions: Corine Dana Cohen