The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Friday, June 29, 2007

Broadway By The Year 1964 Part 2. Do We Love Them, Yes!


Beth Leavel and David Pittu (Do We Love Them, Yes)

Photos by Maryann Lopinto
Review: Corine Dana Cohen for Http://www.corinescorner.com

Gregg Edelman and Stephanie J.Block




Drowsy Chaperone Tony Award Winner Beth Leavel

The Cast of Broadway By The Year and Creator Scott Siegel.

Stephanie J Block
I have been covering The Broadway By The Year series for the last few years and it is always the highlight of the month. The entire cast for this production were outstanding but the biggest standout for me was seeing Stephanie J. Block sing "Don't Rain On My Parade" from "Funny Girl" she gave me goose bumps. Hope to see her cast in a new Broadway production of the show. Other standouts were: Beth Leavel (Drowsy Chaperone)Devin Richards(110 In The Shade)Gregg Edelman(Wonderful Town)and one of my favorite singers, Scott Coulter.
1964 was an incredible year for the Broadway musical and Scott Siegel produced an evening full of joy. Do we love him, with only three years of seeing his Broadway By The Year series I would say yes we love him and his incredible concerts.
Here is a list of the songs:
The Broadway Musicals of 1964, Part II



ACT ONE
To Life - All from Fiddler on the Roof
Everbody Says Don't from Anyone Can Whistle - Gregg Edelman
This is the Life from Golden Boy- Devin Richards
You Better Love Me, from High Spirits: - Stephanie J Block
Everything I Want, from I Had A Ball- Sean Martin Hingston
Night Liz - Liz Callaway
You Are Woman from Funny Girl - Edelman/Block
Do You Love Me? from Fiddler On the Roof - David Pittu/Beth Leavel
My Hometown, from What Makes Sammy Run? - Scott Coulter
Far From the Home I Love , from Fiddler On the Roof - Sarah Uriarte Berry
My Fortune Is In My Face, from Fade Out, Fade In - Edelman
Now I Have Everything, from Fiddler On the Roof - Pittu/Callaway
God Bless the Human Elbow from Ben Franklin In Paris - Berry (with 3 guys)

Soon - Band, from Bajour
Yes I Can from Golden Boy - Pittu
To Be Alone with You, from Ben Franklin In Paris- Berry and Coulter, with Onlookers
Come Play Wiz Me, from Anyone Can Whistle- Sean Martin Hingston and Joyce Chittick, dance duet
See What It Gets You, from Anyone Can Whistle, - Callaway
Funny Girl - Leavel
I Wanna Be With You from Golden Boy- Richards (Off Mike)
There's Always a Woman from Anyone Can Whistle - Block/Leavel
With So Little to Be Sure Of from Anyone Can Whistle - Edelman/Callaway
It Only Takes a Moment, from Hello, Dolly- Coulter
Don't Rain On My Parade, from Funny Girl- Block
Keep the Home Fires Burning, from Oh, What A Lovely War - Callaway and All
To Life Reprise - All