The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, December 14, 2008

WHY IT SUCKS TO BE ME- MY NEW YORK!


Note to Avenue Q Lotto- Corine Cohen
Photo by Bob Johnson.

Carey Anderson and Kate Monster. Photo by Corine Cohen this past summer.


Carey Anderson- I saw her for the first time last night and she was excellent.
(Interviewing Carey on video still did not help proving will the real Corine Cohen
please stand up even with a cane!) Photo by Corine Cohen at Bryant Park this Summer when I interviewed her on video. (Check my homepage for the video interview)


Rick Lyon with Jen Barnhart-


This weekend has been a very exciting time for me. An old friend from College looked me up and visited me this Weekend. I wanted to show him my New York and that is what he saw. It is pretty funny how things never change.







On Saturday, we tried to win the Avenue Q lotto. We lost the first show and then went back to try for the second show. What was most hysterical was I won. The sad news however is I got a new wallet for Christmas and I never put all of my cards in the new wallet. I had credit cards and business cards but the lotto nazi refused to let me win the tickets as I did not have a drivers lic. Now do you believe it "SUCKS TO BE ME!" I forgot that you needed ID to win the lotto. (I have not tried in a year and knew the other lotto guy. I mean I thought everyone at AVENUE Q knew me. How many times have I interviewed the cast? I mean it is crazy.




















IT SUCKS BIG TIME. Why do you need id to win the Q lotto? Do they want to make sure that terrorist forces are not buying tickets? It kills me that I was the first name drawn and he refused to let us go and sit in my favorite seats. Was it the BAD IDEA BEARS talking to him? Let's see. I have interviewed Carey Anderson, Rick Lyon, Stephanie, Barrett Foa, Amyee, Ann Harada, David Benoit, Jeff Marx, etc. It kind of made me sad and angry. I wonder if Roma Torre tried to win the lotto and she didn't have id would they not let her in. (Ponders that!)

My friend heard all the wonderful things I said about the show and bought us Orchestra tickets and we had a great time but it just proves my point. (IT SUCKS TO BE ME SOMETIMES!)

This weekend was incredible. I saw three of my favorite shows:

SPRING AWAKENING on Friday and Forbidden Broadway and Avenue Q on Saturday.



Life can be good even if I am not a very lucky person.


Note to AVENUE Q lotto people. Carry an id if you want to win the show. The lotto guy at Q is into following by the rules even if it is the dumbest rule ever.
I thought I was known in NEW YORK, guess I am not.
How many interviews does one have to do to be known in this Town. Sheesh!
PS I did see Carey perform in Avenue Q in Bryant Park this Summer and after she went on the tour. I loved her Kate Monster! She is special as is the entire cast. Christian Anderson is fantastic and I also interviewed him and Nicky this summer. I am glad to be invisible.
Corine Dana Cohen- The invisible interviewer.
PS I did get a shout out at my favorite Off Broadway show. ;-)