The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Friday, December 26, 2008

Eartha Kitt- A Legend.


I was very sad to hear of the death of Eartha Kitt. As a child, she was the sexy, feline, catwoman on the BATMAN series. Later in life, she was the cabaret performer and singer that gave one of the greatest shows ever.

She is famous for her "Santa Baby" her Purrr and her incredible stage presence. I have always been a fan. A few years ago, my friend Jacki Floren Produced " ALL ABOUT US" at Westport. Jacki invited me to a special dress rehearsal with Eartha and I was very excited to be one of the few people there. Eartha performed one song to an audience member in the show and for this performance she decided it would be me. I have never been more moved by a performance in my entire life. After the show she came over to me. I told her I was a huge fan. She said thank you, darrrrrling. Who are you? I said I am no one. "DARRRRRLING, she said. Don't ever say you are a noooooo one. You are a someone!" We chatted for a few minutes and I found out that Eartha was not only an outstanding performer, she was also a very nice person.

Eartha will always be a someone.

Corine Cohen