The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY GOES TO REHAB.



As many of you know I broke my ankle in late August and had three operations. Two of which were medically needed. It has been a very tough time for me. I spent 14 days in the hospital and ten days in a rehab center so I could learn to walk. (Not the same kind of rehab center you might be thinking!)

I have been stuck inside my home for a month and had my first excursion at the theater. I even walked up and down several steps. (It was very scary but I did it!!!!)

This show was wonderful. I loved the cast even if I missed Jared Bradshaw. James Donegan is very talented and did a great job as Cheyenne Jackson and as Sondheim.

Bianco's "Glitter and be glib" has become my favorite new number in the show. I just can't believe how talented she is. She captures Chenoweth's chest voice and gorgeous opera voice and even sounds better than Cheno herself. She should be the next Glinda in Wicked! She is a triple threat and deserves a Broadway role after Jan 15th!

I saw Bianco's first performance and she is one of the most talented performers in the show in the entire 27 years it is running. She is so funny and captures each role to such perfection. Her Cheno is the best but every other role is just as perfect.

Gina's LuPone is also right on as well as her Liza impersonations.

Michael West cracks me up in every role he plays. I love his monkey in the Wicked number, it just blows my mind. He is also hysterical in the South Pacific as a tiny child with intense muscles. (His muscles make me blush) I also love his Harvey Fierstein- I adore Harvey and he captures his Edna Turnblad. I adore Michael West and hope he can bring back his one man show in the Winter. My favorite new role that Michael plays is Lin Manuel Miranda from In The Heights. Word!


Rehab made all of my intense pain go away. It made me happy to be alive.

If you love Broadway there is no show as wonderful as Forbidden Broadway.

Corine Cohen

PS It is a very sad time on Broadway this season. All of the great Broadway and Off Broadway shows are closing. Forbidden Broadway is closing January 15 and I really wish there was someway to stop it. Thanks for 27 years of laughter. Thanks for the talkbacks. The videos. The joy. I love the show and everyone involved over the years.
It breaks my heart that this show is closing and if I can help it, it will never close.

I love you, Forbidden Broadway.