The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Friday, March 14, 2008

96,000 REASONS TO VISIT IN THE HEIGHTS!

(Photo from In The Heights site)


I could give you 96,000 reasons to see IN THE HEIGHTS but it is late, and I am tired. Instead, I will tell you that when I saw the show off broadway, I saw it early in the production and the passion and music did not have the same power as the show I saw this evening.

Here are some thoughts about the show. Stay tuned for a special voice recording of my thoughts soon.

1. The choreography is sizzling! My favorite part about this show was the dancers. The Latin beat and fabulous dancing was so uplifting it was hard not dancing in my chair. The energy and raw talent of these dancers was in a separate league from most Broadway musicals.

2. The passion and chemistry between the actors was contagious and I did not want the show to end.

3. If you are sick of dysfunction and despair on Broadway (and Off) this show will make you laugh, cry and care for the charismatic characters on the stage. You can't help feeling for these characters and rooting for them to succeed.

This show is steamy, sexy, sensual, smart and a must see for any theater lover that is moved by a show with heart. It is a very entertaining and passionate show!
Conceived by Lin -Manuel Miranda. Book by Quiara Alegria' and Choregraphed by Andy Blankenbuehler.

This show is a Corine's Pick:
For tickets:
http://www.intheheightsthemusical.com/
Comments by Corine Dana Cohen for http://www.corinescorner.com/