The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Friday, November 16, 2007

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN! SIZE QUEENS, REJOICE!













I went to YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN this glorious evening. I know most of the big press hated it. But, I loved it. I do have to say that I am a Mel Brooks fan. And except for the 2000 YEAR OLD MAN Young Frankenstein is my favorite Mel Brooks film. (Hoping Blazing Saddles will be next!)

What I loved:

I love shtick. Young Frankenstein has fabulous sets. I adored the HORSES during the opening number. The horses were hilarious! It upset me that no one but myself was hysterically laughing. I hurt from all of my belly laughing. It is not as good as The Producers which is very upsetting. But it is still a very enjoyable evening at the theatre!


Sutton Foster, Andrea Martin and Megan Mullay all deserve Tony nominations! I also adored Shuler Hensley as Frankenstein's creation! He was fabulous at the end when he actually spoke! (And danced)
Call: 212-239-6200 for tickets. It is running during the strike.


PS The one thing that was missing. In the film there is a scene with a little girl on a see saw. That scene was missed and would have been hilarious on the stage. Otherwise the show is a big, tacky, Brooks masterpiece. I loved every cheesy moment! See the show to understand the headline.
I believe there will be many Tony nominations for this show. Sets, costumes, best actress, best actor, special effects. It is a must see for any theater lover!(But only if you love Brooks humor.)


Frankenstein is BIG IN EVERY SENSE OF THE WORD!
1. BIG LAUGHS
2. BIG SETS
3. BIG STARS
4. BIG FUN.
5. BIG HIT.
FUN. LAUGHS. GOODTIMES. ;-)