The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bamboo 52 Photo Coverage!

Outstanding Coconut Shrimp Tempura sushi with spicy sauce and smoked salmon and caviar!

It might not look pretty but the fruit filled sushi is scrumptious!

















Mango Mojitos and Sake Sangria were my favorite cocktail!







Fruit stuffed sushi dessert with chocolate and strawberry dipping sauce. It was my favorite thing I tried. If you love mango, pineapple, banana stuffed in a rice wrapper with strawberry, mango and vanilla and chocolate dipping sauce, you must try this!





Liam, one of the handsome waiters!


















Tiki Punch reminded me of Hawaii.




Added fun to the evening!















t
The fruity drinks. I tried the Sake Sangria and the Mango Mojitos which were excellent!




The Shrimp Cocktail with a ceviche feel served with cilantro, onions and mango salsa. My favorite appetizer!



































On Saturday we headed over to sample the food at Bamboo 52. Bamboo 52 has excellent presentation and tasty sushi and sashimi. For me, it was about fun. Bamboo is festive and now that it is cold it made me feel like I was vacationing on a island in the sun.


The Mango Mojito and Sake Sangria were fruity and fabulous as was the fruit infused sushi dessert pictured at the top. We also tried coconut shrimp tempura sushi with spicy sauce on the side which was also tasty. I plan on trying more sushi at Bamboo 52.


Photos by Maryann Lopinto.





Review: Corine Cohen