The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chester Gregory Interview!



Photo of Chester at The Triad last summer. Photo by Maryann Lopinto.




A brief Interview with Chester Gregory.

Corine Cohen: How did you start in this business?

Chester Gregory: Performing is all I ever wanted to do. I grew up admiring performers like, Sammy Davis Jr. Gregory Hines and Michael Jackson. I am also from Gary, IN, (Michael's home town as well) so his story of success was very inspirational to me.


CC: Was "Hairspray" your first big break?

CG: Hairspray was my first Broadway show, but I think my first "break" was with a show called The Jackie Wilson Story, it was sold out for 3 years and ran in Chicago, then was eventually moved to NY. The "break" happened when I was seen by the producers of "Hairspray." I was brought right in to the final call backs... then a few weeks later, I was in the show.


CC: You were fantastic! Tell me about your newest CD.

CG: My latest CD is called "In Search of High Love" I've been working on it for three years! It will finally be released this summer. I'm excited to work with some very talented producers Afta-1, Neva, Dave Liang, Dave Cook and Kevin Kerr. It's R&B/Soul music with a little bit of a throw back feel....

CC: What do you want to do after "Tarzan?"

CG: Part of the reason I accepted this part, was to be able to work with Oscar and Grammy winner Phil Collins. When I finish with this show I want to focus on my music. I have a lot to say and a lot to sing about....


CC: Tell me about your concert at the Triad on April 30th.

CG: For the first time ever, I will be performing all the songs that will be on my new album "In Search of High Love". The songs tell you, what I've been going through personally. By the end of the night, people will know me a little better.....



CC: What are five things people don't know about you?

CG: I'm shy.
I don't eat pork.
I love Family Guy.
I love Hip Hop.
One of my favorite producers is J Dilla aka Jay Dee.


You can catch Chester Gregory in "Tarzan" and at the Triad on April 30th.
Thank you, Chester!!!