The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BILLY STRITCH AT BIRDLAND.




Photos of Christine Ebersole and Billy Stritch by Mark Rupp.



I had the pleasure of attending Billy Stritch's show on Monday night at Birdland. He has a new CD, singing the music of Mel Torme. After hearing Stritch's show, it made me want to own his new CD! I will have to purchase one this week.
Stritch's romantic and informative picks, put me in the mood for romance. (Sadly, I was alone, a table for one)

Stritch's show was one of the most thrilling evenings. He gave a history of Torme's career and as someone who never got to experience Torme, it was a concert I will cherish.
So enjoy the fabulous food at Birdland and go back in time with a cabaret legend. It was a magical evening. You can also buy Billy Stritch's new CD.




Go here to find out about Billy's upcoming shows: http://www/billystritch.com




In addition the food and fabulous service at Birdland can't be beat. Check out the info below:
I adore the Barbecue Salmon Salad, The burgers and the scrumptious crab cakes.
Corine's favorite: The Barbecue Salmon Salad.