The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

RUDE AWAKENING!!!!



On Monday, I went over to see a preview of the hit smash 25th year running Off Broadway sensation Forbidden Broadway. This version has become my favorite of all time. The spoof of Grey Gardens is one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Janet Dickinson has the body beautiful Beale down to a capital B. Her impersonation of Ebersole is so funny that it made tears roll down my face. ( I loved GG and so does Gerard Alessandrini) She also does incredible work in the Spring Awakening spoofs (I won't tell you what she does because it could spoil it for you)

Other hilarious numbers:
Rude Awakening- So funny I might have to see this show again in a few weeks.
Company- Jared has Raul down. His facial expressions are killer and he really looks like Raul(On being INTENSE which Mr Esparza is)(I also adore Raul but they really have him down)
Jared Bradshaw who has been in the show for over a year now has become one of the greatest talents ever witnessed in Forbidden Broadway. Val is also outstanding and the newest member does the best impersonation of Ebersole ever created.

Forbidden Broadway Rude Awakening is a joy ride for anyone who adores musical theater.
To buy tickets call: 212-239-6200 or stop by the box office and tell Neil I sent you. You might even get lucky and hear some excellent music (Carol Woods and Liza with a Z!)