The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Corine's Cooking Corner.

Hi Guys,
I just made a wonderful meal and I wanted to share the recipe. I made chinese steamed veggies with shrimp with ginger and garlic in sesame sauce.

I bought: Snow peas, scallions, water chestnuts, red onion, fresh garlic, fresh ginger and frozen shrimp.

I cut a red onion in half. I used a quarter of an onion in a wok. I then added snow peas, water chestnuts, chopped carrots, 1 scallion stalk chopped fine. (Half a cup of water chestnuts, 1 stalk of broccoli. I then added a tablespoon of olive oil and half a clove of garlic, shredded ginger.

I then added a cup of frozen organic small shrimp and steamed it with the veggies. Cook for 12 minutes. Then add sauce.

1. Three tablespoons of light soy sauce.
2. Two teaspoons of light brown sugar
Mix the sauce with three teaspoons of orange juice and pour over the shrimp and veggies.
Simmer for 10 minutes.

It was excellent. I call the dish Orange, ginger shrimp with mixed veggies. It goes well over brown rice but I ate it as is. It was very good.

Corine