The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

THERE IS NO BROADWAY LIKE FORBIDDEN BROADWAY!

My favorite gang celebrate my websites anniversary.
Photo by Robert Blume
At The opening of the 25th Year! (Mike Portantiere)


The Ethel Merman Bear.

























I am sad. You may ask, why are you sad, Corine? Well, I am sad because when I was a teen, my Dad took me to Forbidden Broadway. We went a few times a year. It was our thing. When he passed away in 2000, I made a promise that I would continue that tradition and went to Forbidden Broadway for us.






It has been a journey. Forbidden Broadway is very special to me. I vowed that I would go for him since he could no longer attend with me. Since 2000, I have done a talkback series at Forbidden Broadway, I have interviewed Gerard on the stage. I interviewed Gerard on video for this site and for other sites. I have interviewed: Valerie Fagan, John Freedson, James Donegan, Jared Bradshaw,Christine Pedi, Jennifer Simard, Ed studmuffin(Our joke) Megan and soon, Michael West and the very talented Christina Bianco. Every cast member is incredible and I thank all of you.







I also thank Gerard, Philip George, Adam, Ryan, Glenna, Merri, Ellen and all the wonderful casts of Forbidden Broadway for 27 years of laughs, cries, and love. I thank you all for the incredible talent. I especially thank Michael West for making me cry from laughing so hard all these years!

I love your Sammy, Harvey Fierstein, Carol Channing and Doing Time At Betty Ford. I love you all. Thanks for making me laugh for 27 wonderful years.









FORBIDDEN BROADWAY it is the 27th year and this Sunday I will have seen the show 65 times. Please don't stay away for long. I HATE BREAKING A TRADITION.











Some of my favorite numbers over the years:



1. CHITA/RITA.

2. The Spring Awakening number.

3. On my phone.

4. Defying Chenoweth.

5. Man In Chair.

6. You Can't Stop The Camp!

7. Please Don't Monkee With Old Broadway.

8. Everything's Coming Up Patti (For me and for me!)(GINA, YOU ARE BRILLIANT!)

9. Valerie doing Merman!

10. Christina doing Chenoweth.

11. Jared doing the monster and every other role. (My favorite is his Spring number!)

12. Donna English as Julie Andrews.

13. Simard doing Bernadette Peters.

14. Pedi doing Liza and Merman.

15. James doing Raul.


Thank you all for 27 years of brilliance.


Corine Cohen- Forbidden Broadway's number one fan.