The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

COMFORT FOOD CORNER- EISENBERG'S SANDWICH SHOP!




Photos by Corine Cohen
Eisenberg's is a must if you like going back into time when NYC was a lot less complicated.
Comfort food rules!




That brisket sandwich looked divine and deadly. I need to try it the next time!


I plan on going often. Robert is holding the famous brisket on rye.









Time warp back to NYC in 1929. The prices are a tad higher but that is the only thing that has changed. I love charming unique places. This place is a must if you love old diners. This one is probably one of the oldest still open in the City. My friend is really into old historic diners and this was a treat. The food is great and the prices are affordable. You can't go wrong at Eisenberg's!



















Well, these might not be a healthy choice but they are the best onion rings I have ever tasted in this price range. A must. Diet another day.













My favorite thing at Eisenberg's.








































Eisenberg's famous tuna salad on rye. It was exceptional and filling!



























No filler, just a good old fashioned sandwich on rye.



























A Corine's Pick. The onion rings really stood out and deserve an award.









































































































































The bacon cheeseburger- my friend thought the half pound burger was excellent.

Eisenberg's was written up as having the best tuna sandwich in NYC. I have always wanted to try it and today I did. During these uncertain times nothing comforts me like good old comfort food. Eisenberg's sandwich shop takes you back to simple times when food was affordable and tasty. It's nothing fancy but it is the best comfort food in Chelsea.

The onion rings are the best I have tasted.