The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Is Grease The Word?

Last evening, I was thrilled to attend GREASE on Broadway. I wasn't sure if it would compare to the original show I saw on Broadway (It was one of my first Broadway shows) and with all the bad press I was not sure if I would like it.

GREASE is a very entertaining show. The strengths of this show is the material. It still holds even without professional Broadway actors. I was most impressed with the woman playing Sandy. She held her own and came off better than I expected. Jeb Brown was also a plus in this cast.

Is Grease the word? Well, it was a lot of fun even if it was not as good as the film and the original Broadway show.

I do hate Sandy's transformation at the end of the show. It worked a lot better in the film and she goes from a classy, elegant girl to looking like a hooker. Not the right message for teens today. (My only real problem with the costumes)

Grease is playing at 256 West 47th. Call: 212-307-4100 for tickets.

I still prefer the film with John Travolta and Olivia Newton John and for course Didi Conn but the show is still a lot of fun.