The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Interview With Lorinda Lisitza!


Joe and Robert and Lorinda Lisitiza.

Photo of Joe, Robert and Lorinda by Maryann Lopinto.
Just wanted to let you know that I saw Lorinda in this show at the Metropolitan Room and several of the numbers at other concerts. It is fantastic and highly advise you to see it. If you love cabaret you will love this evening. Lorinda is a star in the making. Check it out. At the bottom of this interview check for a special two for one offer for Corine's Corner readers.

Corine: Lorinda, congratulations on your new show at the York. How does it feel to play an Off Broadway house?

Lorinda: It’s great! I love the York Theatre! In the past I’ve done readings, workshops and Mufti’s there, so this marks the first time I’ve ever done a show “off-book” there.

When Robert Maddock, Joe Iconis, Brad Oscar and I worked on the show, we always hoped it would be a theatrical piece, a song-cycle, destined for an Off-Broadway house, but due to production costs, we did it at the Metropolitan room as a cabaret show, you know, for affordability reasons. I work there when I’m not doing shows, and they were great to me. Then Jim Morgan saw it and gave us the opportunity to realize our vision. We’ve taken out my patter with the audience; the “cabaret show” elements, and it seems to be working as a theatrical piece. And now we have a show that we can adapt to whatever environment we’re put in, club or theatre.



Corine: What is your favorite number in the show? I personally adore Triumphant Baby, One Step Closer to Crazy and Yolanda.

Lorinda:I think my favorite is Camden County Penitentiary. I think it is also Joe and Robert’s favorite too. It’s about a woman whose boyfriend gets sent to prison for 100 years. I don’t know if it’s the majority audience fave though, the audience likes to laugh so they like Yolanda and Matilda McDort a lot. We have a new song we’re getting ready to add called Eddie Got a Color T.V. that I think will make the people giggle.




Corine: Tell me 10 things people should know about Lorinda.
Lorinda:
1. I’m from Porcupine Plain, Saskatchewan. (That’s in Canada)
2. I used to be a farmer and I can drive heavy farm equipment.
3. My town is the home of the Worlds Largest Porcupine “Quilly Willy”.
4. I used to have teeth like a vampire, but I had them fixed. There are no pictures of me smiling in existence before the age of 30.
5. I’ve been married for 13 years.
6. I’m an Aunt seven times, and number eight is due in October!
7. My cat, Maxie, is 19 and a half years old and still going strong.
8. Perogies are my favorite food, and I am still the reigning Junior Perogie eating champion of Porcupine Plain, by eating 27 in ten minutes. (I was 9)
9. I am a huge Star-Trek fan and am hopelessly and embarrassingly in love with Brent Spiner.
10. I am blessed with amazing and talented friends who I can always count on for support.






Corine: What is your dream role on Broadway?

Lorinda: Well, I’d have to say I’d love to originate a role in one of Robert and Joe’s musicals, so I guess my dream would be to play Judith Plisco in the musical Plastic!. Actually, at this point any role on Broadway would be a dream!




Corine: It will happen! What is your favorite Broadway show currently running on Broadway?

Lorinda:Hmmmm, that’s hard, because I mostly go to see Off and Off Off Broadway shows, usually ones that friends have put their hearts and savings into… I’m a big fan of “indie-theatre”. If I had to pick on Broadway, I guess it would be Drowsy Chaperone — (go Canada!) the writers are very nice. I met them at Bound for Broadway. Or Curtains. I really like those “homage to the traditional style” shows that give a character actor, or several of them, great jobs!

Thank you, Lorinda. Please catch Lorinda at the York theater. Mention Corine's Corner for a two for one deal. Two tickets for just $20.00 dollars. You can even get the PMS cookies that Jim will rave about before the show. You can even get free wine if you buy some cheese for $5.00. It is a worthy show and a great theater.
Take a group of six and tell them I sent you.
I never plug shows I don't like. This is a fun evening.

Interview by Corine Cohen for Corinescorner.com.



212-935-5820 for two for one tickets. You must mention the two for one offer on Corine's Corner!