The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

PHOTO COVERAGE DAVY JONES IN TIMES SQUARE!






I was really excited tonight. I got to interview one of my favorite performers.
As a kid, my Dad and I loved to watch the Monkees. I also loved the episode on the Brady Bunch with Davy Jones. He was the first man I had a crush on and tonight I got the opportunity to interview him on video.

Photos by Bob Johnson. Bob will be posting a video in the next few days and I can't wait to see it. Meeting Davy was really exciting. I am a huge fan from age 3 and am a bigger fan now. Yes, I am a believer.

PS What was interesting is Davy told me that the guys from the Monkees are not real friends. They don't hang out and go for a beer he said. Sad to hear that. I do think Davy is a very nice guy and interviewing him was thrilling. He is as adorable as he was in his youth. He is 62 and fab!

The concert was at the Times Square Arts Center and Davy sang all of the Monkees hits
Daydream Believer, I'm a Believer, Stepping Stone... It was a great trip down memory lane and to make the evening a total success Joe Franklin was in the audience.

Davy told me that he starred in OLIVER in the early 60's before he was discovered to be part of the Monkees. I need to get all of the Monkees music again. My collection was on 8 TRACK if you can believe that.

Corine Cohen