The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Saturday, December 29, 2007

New Feature: FOOD BLOGGER UNDER COVER!


Hello,

This was an idea from several readers. They wanted me to go undercover and report on restaurants when I was not expected. I did this today and what I found was very distrurbing.
During the past several months all my neighborhood, casual and affordable sushi hangouts have closed. I live on the Upper West Side. Lenge, Rikyu and Hunan Park are closed. I was looking for a quick bite before seeing a show at Lincoln Center. I should have stopped into Sushi A- GO- GO, but decided to try something new. I went to DAN Japanese Restaurant between 68/69th and Broadway.

The results were alarming. I had the worst sushi that I have ever tasted in my entire life. But, sadly everything was bad. I ordered a two roll sushi box which came with miso, salad and two rolls. The miso was edible. The salad was horrendous. They did not serve it with ginger dressing and the salad was filled with black pepper. It was terrible. I did not say a word. IT GETS WORSE!

The sushi: I ordered a shrimp roll with spicy sauce on the side and an Eel roll. The rice was hard. The shrimp roll was so small you could hardly see anything. It tasted like a rice roll.
This was truly the worst sushi meal I have ever experienced. It tasted like it came from Food Emporium before the end of the night. It was hard, stale rice with specks of fish.

I will never eat there again.

Dan Japanese Restaurant 68th and 69th and Broadway.