The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

IT'S A DOMINICAN THING- CORINE'S CULINARY CORNER.


Last evening I ate at It's A Dominican Thing restaurant.

My favorite thing at the restaurant was the tropical sangria. If you like sweet, tropical drinks with hints of passionfruit, guava it will put the passion in every sip. I have never tasted a better sangria. (If you don't like the taste of passionfruit and guava this is not the drink for you.) I have never tasted any sangria in the same league. I plan on going back. Pair that sangria with some Dominican finger foods.

I loved the fried cheese, the love wings and the empanada's. The fried cheese was scrumptious. I also adored the fried cod fish. The food is excellent but not great for my diet.

For the calorie watchers: They have a great shrimp dish (coconut shrimp) I did not taste coconut but I did taste cilantro, tomatoes and fabulous spices. It was my pick.

A Dominican thing is a great place to sit back and drink sangria. Put some passion into your night.

Corine's Pick: A very passionate sangria!

www.adominicanthing.com/