The Best of NYC - Corine's World - where it all began!

CORINE'S CORNER - WHAT'S NEW!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

HELLO. MY NAME IS CORINE AND I'M A FORBIDDEN BROADWAY JUNKIE. IT HAS BEEN 2 MONTHS SINCE MY LAST FIX AND I NEEDED A FIX!

Valerie Fagan, Jared Bradshaw, Corine Cohen and Jennifer Simard
At My three year anniversary party. Photo by Robert Blume.
Have you ever had a perfect day? Well, I did! I have a confession for any of you that don't know me. I have a major addiction and it is called "FORBIDDEN BROADWAY! "



I'm not kidding. If I go longer than 3 months without seeing it I get sad so, today I went with a friend and we had the best time. I love every cast of the show but this cast really is incredible together.



The newest cast member Christina Bianco is exceptional. I have to say she does the best Bernadette Peters and Kristin Chenoweth impersonation since Jennifer Simard and her vocal chops is better than Chenoweth if you can believe that. (She is a triple threat, she also does an incredible Kelli O'Hara!) She is worth the price of gold, she is so incredible!!!!!



I saw a few new numbers: The new Sondheim number was excellent and Christina got to show off her incredible Bernadette. I also love the Chenoweth Glitter and be Gay, which was so on the money it is scary.



Michael West's Lin Manuel Miranda, Elaine Stritch, and Harvey Fierstein had me in stitches. He is so funny! I would like to see him play Merman and reverse the roles with Gina. I think Gina's Merman has come a very long way but West would be hysterical dressed as THE MERM!



Gina's LuPone and Liza are beyond scary they are so fabulous. And Jared's Cheyenne and Sondheim as well as the Monster blew me away. Jared's putting up with shit cracks me up!

I do wish they would bring back his fantastic Curtain's tap number.



The show is perfection minus one little problem. The opener needs work. I don't think the opener is great. It should be called Forbidden Broadway goes into the words and In The Heights instead of Dancing With The Stars. The Mario Lopez number is silly and sadly not funny.

The rest of the show is fabulous especially the In The Heights, Sondheim, South Pacific and favorites like The Rude Awakening number and Les Miz numbers.



Once you get past the first 11 minutes of the show (Putting up with Shit!) you will wish the evening never ended and it is some enchanting evening!

Maybe they should change the name before the opening. Forbidden Broadway goes "Into The Words and Into The Height's. I like it, just my two cents! I also kind of like Jared's lyrics in our video interview at the Drama Desk nomination party check it out in the video section or on my homepage.

Or maybe the Dancing With The Stars number could have Jared as David Hyde Pierce and do the Curtains number as he is a big star and it is a great dance number. Maybe they could rate David Hyde Pierce's dance move as he is a big star. To quote A Chorus Line, In the Mario Lopez number I felt nothing.

Corine Cohen